One of the most difficult decisions in a man’s life is to choose between a best friend and a girlfriend. This has been a concern in every relationship that has ever existed. While we love our girlfriends with all our heart, there can be no replacement to a best friend in our lives. We’d hate to choose, bit if we really had to, here’s why we think best friends will always be more special!
1. You never really had to impress your best friends or woo them, unlike your girlfriend. There was no ‘chase’, no pretence. Friendship is the purest form of connection between two people!
2. They don’t demand your time. You can not be in touch with them for a full week and still remain the best of friends. Try doing that to your girlfriend!
3. You don’t have to lie to people (especially your parents) about having a best friend. You’re always old enough to have a best friend.
4. You don’t have to be properly dressed up to meet them. In fact, you’re usually at your shabby best around them. Ever wonder why you two don’t have a single good picture together?
5. They are always up for a drinking plan. Always.
6. Commitment phobia doesn’t even exist in the friend world! There’s never that dreaded discussion about where the friendship is heading.
7. They don’t get jealous when you talk to other girls. They don’t secretly read your messages. Unless you leave your account logged in.
8. As clichéd as it may sound, girlfriends may come and go but best friends are forever. They may be the craziest people, but there’s one thing they always do right – stick around.
9. Fights are never a big deal. And anyway, fist fights are so much better than not talking for days! Best friends really save you the emotional torture of cold wars.
10. There is never a ‘we need to talk’ moment with a best friend. Sigh!
11. You can be at your nasty best in front of your best friends. You can hit them, hurl the most obscene abuses at them, play the meanest pranks and still not be judged! They will never lecture you on being a sexist or chauvinist, because they know you mean none of it.
12. You have all the personal space you want because they have a life of their own too. No burden. Your unavailability is not the end of the world to them. It’s casual and still stronger than most bonds in your life.
13. You can never get angry with them for too long because you will always have something important to tell them.
14. If there were no best friends, whom would you discuss your girlfriends problems with? They keep you sane.
15. They’re not overprotective. They let you be and more often than not are the reason for some of the most embarrassing moments of your life. They make you test your own limits, especially drinking limits.
16. Your parents always trust them more than your girlfriend. And you know how easy that makes your life.
17. They may put you in trouble every now and then, but they are the ones who help you end your fights with your girlfriend – be it lying to her for your benefit or just making her understand your point of view. To some extent, you do owe your relationship to your best friend!
18. Even though you don’t expect it out of each other, you’ll find that your best friends are always available, whether you need them or not.