Women empowerment means emancipation of women from the vicious grips of social, economic, political, caste and gender-based discrimination. It means granting women the freedom to make life choices. Women empowerment does not mean ‘deifying women’ rather it means replacing patriarchy with parity.
Human Rights or Individual Rights:
Women should be able to express them freely. Individual empowerment means to have the self-confidence to articulate and assert the power to negotiate and decide.
Women empowerment is the key to strengthen their participation in the decision-making which is the most important key to socio-economic development. According to the data of research, it has been noted that empowering women acts as a potential which accelerates the economic growth and continue development.
There is a social and home pressure on the women which acts as main issue to the gender equality. There is lots of pressure over women by the parents, society and they forced to be main caregiver and care taker of all family members. Such pressure in the society and home lowers down the career ambitions of women than men.
In many regions of INDIA where male-headed household system is followed, men are still managing all the financial activities even after being involvement of women in the income-generating activities so that men can be beneficial to take loan. It has been surveyed that workload of most of the women has increased whom husbands have taken loan on their own name. Women need to have access to and control over all the resources in family and society. She needs to be involved in the intra-household decision-making which may bring slight improvement in women condition in the male-headed households. In India, it is very tough to bring changes about women in the traditional societies. It can be changed but take some time and regular effort.
Women Empowerment itself elaborates that Social Rights, Political Rights, Economic stability, and all other rights should be also equal to women. There should be no discrimination between men and woman. Women should now get there fundamental and social rights
Things should be done:
- There should be respect and dignity towards Women.
- Have total independences of their own life and lifestyle inside the home and also outside at their work.
- They should make their decision, by their own choice.
- They should have a high social respect in society.
- They have equal rights in society and other judicial works.
- They should not be discriminated while providing any type of education.
- They should select their own economic and financial choices by their own.
- There should not be any discrimination between woman and man while giving jobs and employment.
- They should have safe and secured Working location with proper privacy.
A creative writing by @Manasvi_Agrawal